Contribution to global environment and recycling-oriented society
Actions for Climate Change
In recent times, abnormal weather and natural disasters due to climate change have occurred all over the world, which have greatly impacted society and people’s lives. With the problem of climate change as one of the management issues, we will analyze risks and opportunities in business practices and implement measures sequentially.
For matters related to sustainability, including climate change, we have formed a Working Group with the commitment of the President & Representative Director centered on the Director in charge to collaborate with each Sector and Group company and promote it company-wide, and the Working Group regularly reports and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors. In addition, the Audit and Supervisory Committee recognizes the risks associated with sustainability in general and seeks appropriate reporting.
For the sustainability promotion system, please see here.
We are organizing risks related to climate change and opportunities according to the following items. We will continue to conduct further analyses moving forward.
- Transition risks
- Increase in costs to save energy
- Sluggish sales due to rising prices of handled products owing to soaring costs of raw materials and transportation expenses
- Sluggish sales due to rising shipping costs due to higher fuel prices
- Poor reputation from purchasing business operators when the number of handled environmentally friendly products is few, etc.
- Physical risks
- Decrease in sales when purchasing business operators are closed due to heavy rain, flooding, etc.
- Delays in deliveries in the event of disruptions in the distribution network
- Delays in payments and uncollected payments caused by prolonged damage due to climate change
- Increase in air conditioning costs, etc.
- Acceleration in the digitization of work for small and medium-sized manufacturing, wholesale, and retail businesses
- New product demand due to environmental changes such as rises in temperature and disaster prevention measures
- Increase in demand for online transactions in situations where people cannot move due to abnormal weather or infectious diseases, etc.
- Increase in demand for guarantees due to credit concerns
At the RACCOON Group, RACCOON HOLDINGS’ Board of Directors performs comprehensive risk management for the entire Group. We have established a framework for risk management according to risk characteristics, and in the future, we will build a risk management system in collaboration with the Sustainability Working Group in order to carry out integrated management including climate-related risks.
|Organization and person in charge||Role|
|RACCOON HOLDINGS’ Board of Directors||Oversees the risks of the entire Group. Receives reports and proposals related to risks from each organization or representative, and deliberates and makes decisions.|
|Each Group company
President & Representative Director
|Responsible for service operation risks. Reports and makes proposals to the Board of Directors regarding risk response policies and important risk response issues for each item.|
|Risk Management Committee||Chaired by the director in charge of RACCOON HOLDINGS, responsible mainly for information security risks of the entire Group. Shares risks that may occur and preventive measures.|
|Compliance Secretariat||With the President & Representative Director of RACCOON HOLDINGS installed as the compliance officer, promotes compliance|
|Sustainability Working Group||Conducts risk analysis, considers countermeasures, and reports and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding sustainability-related matters, including climate change.|
Targets and Goals
GHG emissions of the consolidated Group for scopes 1, 2, and 3 for the fiscal year ended April 30, 2023 (May 1, 2022 through April 30, 2023) are as follows.
|FY 4/2022||FY 4/2023||Planned reduction measures|
|Scope 1||4.8t-CO2||4.75t-CO2||EVs (electric vehicles) for company cars, etc.|
|Scope 2||178.0t-CO2||153.47t-CO2||Introduction of renewable energy to the office Power saving of business activities, etc.|
|Scope 3||-||5371.21t-CO2||Collaboration with suppliers to discuss ways of reduction|
Regarding scopes 1 and 2, the goal is to achieve carbon neutrality as soon as possible by FY2030.