Fair Business Practices Applicable SDGs
The RACCOON Group considers ethical conduct and legal compliance to be the foundation of our responsibility as a company. By ensuring that each of our members abides by laws and company regulations and adopts a sincere response, we aim to earn the trust of all our stakeholders.
As a group-wide regulation, we have established a compliance manual where basic guidelines for action/concrete standards of behavior are clearly stated, and are disseminated by in-house education such as training all the board members/employees to adhere to thoroughly. Also, all the company regulations such as the compliance manual will be reviewed on a regular basis, and revised as needed. In case of revision, we have established the system to notify/share the points of the revision and full-text regulations to all the board members/employees immediately.
For the company-wide management structure regarding such as compliance, please see the following items.
- Response to Anti-Social Forces
- The code of conduct established in RACCOON Group’s compliance manual is resolutely against anti-social forces and explicitly states that we will have no dealings whatsoever with them.
Specifically, we have enacted “rules against anti-social forces” and established an internal structure for exclusion of anti-social forces led by the head of the Business Administration Headquarters. As the rules prescribe, we carefully decide on new business partners and new transactions with clients, following the Group’s process for checking for affiliation with such forces. We regularly perform the same check on current partners and clients.
In addition, we are a member of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department’s Special Violence Prevention Measures Association and, in addition to attending the association’s events such as training seminars, use the association, police department, legal counsel, and other outside specialist institutions to proactively collect information.
- Prohibition of bribery
- The RACCOON Group considers that establishment/strengthening the structure of prohibiting bribery is an essential task due to worldwide and growing concern against bribery. In the compliance manual, prohibition of bribery (including facilitation payment) such as Japanese criminal law/Unfair Competition Prevention Act, and adherence of the anti-bribery regulations in other countries are stated. Also, in order to adhere to anti-bribery regulations, we maintain records such as approved documents/accounting information, and establish the necessary company structure. As a consultation/whistleblowing desk when any behaviors which violate, or are likely to violate the anti-bribery regulations or compliance manual are found, we have prepared two desks, the compliance office and the outside legal office, where an Outside Audit and Supervisory Committee member belongs.
Assuring a reliable business infrastructure
- Inspection of Displayed ProductsSUPER DELIVERY
- In wholesale transactions website “Super Delivery” operated by RACCOON COMMERCE, Inc., when we put up new product for sale, we determine if it contains problematic expressions on the item’s title/description/image, if the item violates any laws or terms, or if licenses of production or sales are acquired properly. Based on the check result, we request the correction of the product information, or the withdrawal of the product.
Also, for the items which belong to a brand-name product, quasi-pharmaceutical product, cosmetic product, and processed food product (including health food products), we request the suppliers for the invoice or the certification of production/sales business permission, furthermore, we determine if the product’s ad expressions violate any legal regulations, as needed.
Carrying out thorough processes enables us to maintain the reliable trading infrastructure, provide reliable service to the customers, and be intent on improving customer satisfaction.
Paid, the B2B deferred payment service of RACCOON FINANCIAL, another subsidiary, has obtained ISO/IEC27001 certification, the recognized standard for information security management systems (ISMS), and carries out efforts to reduce risk and protect its information assets from various threats. By conforming to this strict security standard, we responsibly manage the important information our customers entrust to us.
- Security Understanding Checks
- Once a year, we conduct a security understanding check to increase our employees’ awareness of security. A risk management committee made up of expert employees prepares questions on information security and regularly tests all employees.