Establishment of Pleasant Work Environment
The RACCOON Group believes it is important to gather human resources possessing various capabilities and diverse values in putting together an organization. We strive to create a work environment and programs that enable members possessing diverse values and distinctive qualities to fully demonstrate their capabilities and work freely.
Creation of an environment for diverse work styles
For responding to diverse work styles and productivity improvement, the RACCOON Group is actively working on improving work environments for employees.
- Remote work
In order to enable work styles which are free from time and place constraints, various digital tools have been adopted company-wide, and remote work systems have been arranged for all employees. For office meetings as well as business meetings or seminars with people outside the company, we use in-person or online depending on the situation, and work flexibly.
Furthermore, in order to improve productivity even by working remotely, a benefit for a remote work environment system to assist in the purchase of goods such as computer peripheral devices is implemented for work environment arrangements.
We are also holding various events intended for employees to interact with each other online, too, so as not to cause lack of communication even with remote work.
- Flextime system
- With diverse work styles such as remote work and staggered working hours, a flextime system is implemented company wide.
For efforts of new work styles in the midst of COVID-19 such as work schedules, please see here.
Ensuring occupational health and safety
- Establishment of leave systems
- We consider that refreshing employees’ bodies and minds by taking appropriate vacations will increase their motivation to work and improve their productivity.
Anytime long vacation system
The RACCOON Group used to adopt a “Summer vacation” system where employees acquire consecutive leave for five days (three days of which are summer vacation granted by the Company and two days of which are paid leave) at any time July to September. However, with the change in work styles, the period for acquiring consecutive leave was extended to throughout the year, and changed its name to “Anytime long vacation system.” Regardless of the time of year, employees can acquire a long vacation on their own timing.
Aside from a paid annual leave, employees can acquire a consecutive leave for five days for every five full years of service. Also, 50,000 yen is distributed as vacation pay combined with the salary for the month following the vacation.
Employees can acquire a consecutive leave for two weeks in conjunction with the “Anytime long vacation system.”
Avoidance of Scheduling Regular Meetings on Mondays and Fridays
In order to make it easier for paid leave to be taken, we have made it a rule that Mondays and Fridays shall be avoided when scheduling regular meetings. Avoidance of Mondays and Fridays, which are when employees generally prefer to take paid leave, will facilitate a more fulfilling time off from work to be enjoyed.
Coverage for Long-Term Leave Due to Injury or Illness
We have an annual leave reserve program in place as a program for taking time off positioned as a kind of insurance coverage for employees’ unexpected circumstances. The annual leave reserve program is a program that has the annual paid leave that would usually expire when two years have elapsed instead separately set aside as a reserve for use in the event that a long absence from work becomes necessary due to private injury, illness, etc. Use of the annual leave accumulated in the reserve is deemed as taking paid leave and, accordingly, eligible for pay and the period that the accumulated annual leave is taken is also counted in the number of years of continuous employment.
- Establishment of “Hataraku-n” Working Father/Mother Support Program
- This is the RACCOON Group’s original support program for employees who are fathers and mothers that took shape from the aim to create an environment in which each can keep working without being bound by life stages in that “female employees can continue to work keenly even after giving birth” and “male employees who have become fathers can work while raising children with their partners.” This program grants up to twelve days of paid leave for sick/injured child care leave in addition to menstrual leave and morning sickness leave. Even in terms of child care allowance, while the norm is no more than granting until six months after returning to work in many cases, this program grants until the child enters elementary school. These are only some of the characteristic points of this program. We have had zero employees resign for reasons of marriage or pregnancy and have also maintained the percentage of female employees returning to work at 100% since our founding. (The actual figure was 11)
- Improvement of employees’ health/mental health
- We carry out a stress check test for all the employees annually to recognize their own stress conditions, and to prevent the risk of mental disorders. Furthermore, analyzing the test results as a group enables visualization of their stress conditions in each division or team, or company-wide, so that the work environments can be improved.
Also, we carry out a monthly pulse survey, and the Human Resources Division assesses employees’ health as well as their duties/work environments. In response to the survey, the person in charge of the Human Resources Division conducts interviews individually to avoid mismatches in considering positions, considering the Company’s new measures, and improving work environments by interviewing in detail such as employees’ duties, work environments, suffering, and anxiety.
Respect for employees’ human rights
The RACCOON Group respects the human rights of all employees, and works to create work environments to protect their mental and physical health. We prohibit any prejudice or discrimination, any harassment, bullying, or unfair treatment based on race, color, national origin, language, religion, thought, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, property, and employment status. We have also established a consultation desk for employees’ issues such as human rights.
- Installation of Compliance Desk
- We have set up a point of contact for whistleblowing and consultation on compliance that employees can consult at any time. The Company has established systems of whistle-blower/consulter confidentiality, and prevention of suffering detrimental treatment. For compliance systems, please see here.
- Implementation of harassment-prevention training
- We have implemented training for prevention of any harassment at work such as sexual harassment/abuse of authority. The training is focused on confirming cases and checking gray areas to correctly understand the harassment which can happen around us, and prevent it by recognizing it as their own business.
- Consultation with lawyers regarding personal troubles
- We have established a system where employees can receive personal legal consultation with a corporate lawyer of the RACCOON Group as an employee benefit in order to solve their issues immediately.
Recognition of RACCOON Group
Ranking in GPTW Japan’s Best Workplaces in Japan for Three Consecutive Years
We have been named one of the best companies to work for in Great Place to Work® Institute Japan’s Best Workplaces in Japan list for three consecutive years since 2017.